Sunday, August 15, 2010

Yellowstone

We were able to go camping this weekend and visit Yellowstone National Park. The kids were so excited! The boys couldn't wait to go camping. We left late Friday afternoon, and shortly after we got there it started to rain. So much for a fire and roasting hot dogs. Luckily, we had borrowed my parents trailer and had a nice warm place to eat and sleep. The boys didn't mind. They love playing in the trailer.

The boys found a new game and loved to play. Even Karlyn thought it was great fun. We had a hard time keeping her away.

This was first taken when we got to the campground. The boys were so excited to finally be camping. We had tried to go last weekend, but the weather didn't cooperate.

Conrad and Tyler were a little bored and hungry waiting for Old Faithful to go off. I think they would have rather gone and just eaten lunch. Although, they did like it when it finally went off. We did end up having to move since it was windy enough for the geyser to blow water on us. Conrad thought it was raining.

We stopped at the Yellowstone lodge and had ice cream before lunch. It was really good.

The boys didn't care much for the car ride, but they did enjoy all our walks. They were interested in all the mud pots and geysers we saw.

After one of our walks we were getting in the car when we noticed this elk just 50 feet in front of our car. Tyler wanted to get out and see it, but Conrad was not about to get out of the car.

I have the best husband!

Aren't they so cute!

The boys were pretending to be frogs when we saw these lily pads.

We had a great time this weekend. It was just fun to spend time as a family. Although, I think we tired Karlyn out with all our wanderings.

1 comment:

holly said...

Looks fun! Though I think probably funner in a few pictures than in the long car rides. I love Yellowstone but I think sometimes it is hard for kids - maybe cause that's the way I remember it as a kid. The camping also looks fun, sorry it rained!