Thursday, July 22, 2010

Priest Lake 2010


I can't believe we finally made it back to Priest Lake! Conrad was the most excited; he couldn't wait to play with his cousins and swim everyday. i can't believe he even remembered going to Priest Lake. Luckily he doesn't remember braking his arm the last time we were there. Tyler didn't remeber much of Priest Lake, but he had a great time. Last time we went all he wanted to do was be with Grandpa. Well, Grandpa didn't get to come this year and I was a little worried to be going with three kids and no help from grandparents. However, my parents did let us take their trailer, which I don't think I would have gone without. I don't mind sleeping in a tent, but there are just sometimes when it is nice to have a trailer: bathing babies, storing food for a week, getting out of the heat for naps, and place to play games late into the night without getting bitten by a million misquitos. That's right. You heard me. I couldn't believe how many mesquitos there were.
The first day we were there was wonderful weather and Saturday seemed to be beautiful as well, but the weather changed quickly that afternoon. We got a good amount of rain. That is another reason why I'm glad we had the trailer. My brothers new tent leaked and partway through the night my sister-in-law was sleeping in the trailer with us.
Well, of course Sunday was a beautiful day. We had a great time hanging out around camp and going on a very short hike. The boys loved throwing rocks across the creek and they both jumped at the chance to cross the creek on a fallen tree. I still can't believe Conrad did it.




By the time we were able to swim again Monday morning the wind decided to blow. That afternoon the waves were big like ocean waves and I had so much fun playing in them. Jeremy's cousin Josh and his family joined us Monday afternoon; although, I felt bad that the weather didn't cooperate. This kids ended up playing in the trailer and being a little bored while it rained.
Tuesday also decided to be a bad weather day, so we took the boat to Coolin. I'm not usually a fan of driving in the boat that far, but the kids had a great time and even Karlyn enjoyed it. I'm just glad we were able to do something, since the wind was making it too cold to sit on the beach.



Fortunately for us the weather did cooperate the last two days and we had warm beautiful weather. The kids had so much fun playing in the water. Conrad is definitely getting braver. He learned to float in his life jacket, although he never go deeper than where he could touch. I would say one of his favorite things to do at Priest Lake is get ice cream and play in the outdoor amphitheater while we eat it. He liked putting on performances for us.

Tyler is definitely not scared of the water. He loved being at Priest Lake. He loved to ride the jet skies and we even got him to go tubing behind the boat and to jump into the lake. Conrad we could not convince to jump off the end of the dock. Nothing was going to persuade him to get in. He finally told me he didn't need any more toys and he was that he was not jumping in the water.

Karlyn only played in the water the first day we were there. She mostly liked to sit in the shade and eat. She even liked taking naps in the stroller. When she was tired we would just set her in there and she wouldn't make a peep. She would just sit there until she was ready and then she would lay down to sleep.





We had so much fun! I'm glad Ian and Stephanie were able to come. Hopefully, most of the family will be able to join us next time. We missed having everyone there even with the other 65 relatives there with us.


5 comments:

margy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
margy said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures and the fun adventure. I am rather jealous. 2012! I will be there. Your kids are just too cute!!!!!!!!!
I miss them!!!!!!!!

holly said...

Oh that looks so fun. Even if it is cold and rainy somehow it is a bit of heaven for me. That is so cute that Karlyn napped in the stroller - what a good baby. I am glad you had no broken bones or trips to the ER. Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

her swimsuit wants to come off I will gladly help it to, I bet herpussy looks amazing

Anonymous said...

I agree, love to take her in the trailer and get it off in bed